Buddy Post from Pretty Quirky

Today, I have a great new buddy blogger of mine posting for me!! I just met MO from this project and I am super happy. You should absolutely check her out. All of her links are below! p.s. SHE HAS AN ETSY SHOP FOR ALL YOUR UK GALS! Thanks MO!


Tan Lines


Hi Color Me So Crazy readers.

I’m MO from Pretty Quirky and Brigitte has kindly let me lose on her blog today to share some nail art with you all.
After being seduced by the most glorious swatches of Models Own Polish for Tans and helped along by a 6 for £30 promo they were running I found the collection arriving on my doorstep. Honestly, I didn’t rugby tackle the postman as he walked up the drive.

This collection contains 5 gorgeous neon-ish bold colours and my biggest dilemma when they arrived was “Which first?”. I chose to use Flip Flop, Sun Hat and Beach Hat to create a colour block mani that I can’t draw my eyes away from.

Sticking with the Models Own theme I used a base of White Light HyperGel and then used striping tape, a combination of the colours and a dotting tool. My inspiration for this mani came from The Sequined Nail’s Geometric Mix and Match design. My biggest tip – think about the tape you need beforehand. I’ve added a colour-blocking tutorial so you can recreate this look yourself.
When I was painting this I kept thinking “Too loud” but as soon as it was done and topped off with some Rica Glossy Glam I fell in love with it. It even stayed on my nails for work which is unheard of! This reminds me of the House of Holland nail designs - fun and in-your-face.
There’s something special about the bold and bright, devil-may-care nail art colours and designs of summer that I love. Anything goes. As the sun has come out what have you been wearing on your nails? Have you been trying something a little bigger and louder than usual?
I’d like to say a massive thank you for Brigitte for allowing me to waffle on her blog today. It’s been so nice to share some of my ramblings with you.
Hugs
MO xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went Naked...With My Nails!

Zoya Pinks! Comparison Post

Gift Nail Quads from Zoya