St Patrick's Day 2014 Tutorial

I hope you have enjoyed my St. Patricks Day Treats today. I am going to leave you with these for tonight. I would love to see what you can do with them. You can even save them for next year!

So for this tutorial, I will show you how to do a leprechaun hat, four leaf clover, and a pot of gold.


THE LEPRECHAUN HAT

1. Choose your base color. I am going to do green :)
 2. Make a rectangle
St Patricks Day Leprechaun Hat

3. Make another smaller rectangle on the bottom of the first
 St Patricks Day Leprechaun Hat

4. Add your gold buckle. I just used a regular striper. 
St Patricks Day Leprechaun Hat

Colors Used:
NYC- Highline Green
Wet n Wild- Ebony Hates Chris
Sinful Colors- Flower Girl



FOUR LEAF CLOVER

1. Paint your nail a base color. I used a light green
St Patrick's Day Four Leaf Clover

2. Next draw a starburst (of sorts) with 8 ends
3. You are going to use those ends as the base of each leaf. For the tips of the leaf, you want to make a heart shape. So kind of make 4 little tiny hearts on those 8 ends.
St Patrick's Day Four Leaf Clover

4. Fill in your tiny hearts.
St Patrick's Day Four Leaf Clover

5. Make a curved line for the stem
St Patrick's Day Four Leaf Clover


POT OF GOLD

1. Paint your nail a base color. I used white
St Patrick's Day Pot of Gold

2. Paint your pot by making a french tip with a black polish, but a little thicker. You want an oval shape.
St Patrick's Day Pot of Gold

3. Use a dotting tool or a toothpick to add the coins. As you can tell my camera does not like the the glitz. So, I decided to blur it more to show the real glitter!!
St Patrick's Day Pot of Gold

4. Use gold glitter with the same dotting tool or toothpick to make your coins shine.
St Patrick's Day Pot of Gold


Be sure to join me on my next holiday tutorial--- EASTER! If you have suggestions as to what you would like to see, just let me know!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went Naked...With My Nails!

Zoya Pinks! Comparison Post

Gift Nail Quads from Zoya