Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer Duo Review

*Product(s) in this post were provided by the company or Public Relations Representative of this product for an honest review. Please see disclosure statement page for further information. 

I have a super exciting announcement for all of you!! I was recently contacted by Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer to be asked to become one of her permanent bloggers. So, for you this means you get to see more great pictures and great products from Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer. Don't forget to check out all those wonderful links here...

Shirley Ann Nails Etsy Page
Shirley Ann Nails Facebook Page

Today I am reviewing the duo that was made in remembrance of the mother of Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer. This November marks 10 years since her passing. I think this is sooo great and touching. Making a in memory polish after a loved one shows me that the polish maker is a real life person. Many times when buying a product, you often just think of the maker as a machine that just pushes out product. When one takes the time to show us, her consumers, that she is an actual person makes that polish so much more special.

ALSO... I know, I know one more--- Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer will be having the following special for Black Friday through Cyber Monday!! Wahoo a whole weekend of sales!! You can find this duo and more on her Etsy site. Definitely take advantage of these great specials to get some great polishes.

"Buy one get one free on all purchases! no code needed, just leave a comment in the notes or I will surprise you. Limit of three free polishes. There will also be free shipping on orders over $15, there will be a code for that so you can get both offers! There will also be random flash sales through out the weekend. I'm thinking of some free shipping on all orders, 50% off and other fun stuff too. Be sure to follow updates during the weekend to ensure you don't miss out!"



Knot-Knot
Color- This is a clear base glitter. It has different shades of purple glitter in shapes of micro, hexes, dots and large pink hexes. 
Application- (going from index to pinky) I have 1 coat, 2 coats, over black and over purple. I also have this over a yellow with one coat and one topcoat. 
Smell- No unusual smell.
Price- $6.00 for a full size bottle
Overall-Really cute polish. The removal of this polish was also pleasantly easy. I didn't have to scrape the mirco glitter off of my nails. I just let the pre-soaked cotton ball on each finger for about 2 minutes and it slid right now. I always recommend putting a nice base coat on as well as an undies polish to add an extra layer of protection. 
Availability- You can find this beauty at the Shirley Ann Nails Etsy Page
Fun Fact- This was her mother's nickname- Knot-Knot

(index finger to pinky) 1 coat, 2 coats, over  Sinful Colors Snow Me White, over Funky Fingers Lavender Highlight 









Over Fierce and Tangy by Maybelline
 







In Loving Memory
Color- This is a blue jelly base with different shades of blue micro glitter, small squares and hexes. It also has large light pinkish- purple hearts. 
Application(going from index to pinky) I have 1 coat, 2 coats, over black and over navy blue. I also have this over a purple with one coat and one topcoat.  
Smell- No unusual smell. 
Price- $6.00 for a full size bottle
Overall-I really liked this polish. I tried it over a navy blue (like on the pinky nail) and it had such a deep look. Don't forget to give this a good roll in your hands before you apply. Like any straight glitter, there can be settling. I didn't have any in my bottle, but it does happen even in mainstream brands. 
Availability- You can find this beauty at the Shirley Ann Nails Etsy Page

(index finger to pinky) 1 coat, 2 coats, over  Sinful Colors Snow Me White, over Sinful Colors Leather Loose




Over Lavender Highlight by Finger Paints



 Regular and then blurred to show glitter









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went Naked...With My Nails!

Zoya Pinks! Comparison Post

Gift Nail Quads from Zoya