- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: Get the At Home Spa Experience with Le Mieux! The results are truly amazing!
- TheFabZilla: This week, I'm sharing what I got from Sephora VIB Rouge Sale, a peek of Urban Decay 500 Points Perk, and Semi-Rant!
- beautyXposé: Holiday shopping is upon us. Check out what’s on Kristin’s skin care gift guide this year.
- Color Me So Crazy: I am Featruing Two NEW Products From Reviva Labs. See What They Are!!
- Beauty by Miss L: Does Mane n Tail Herbal Gro do wonders to your hair?
- The Feminine Files: I took the new Kiss InstaWave for a test run, see my thoughts and video demo!
- Beauty on the Bayou: DUPE FOR YSL TOUCHE ECLAT? Hard Candy's Lite Bright Whipped Brightening Concealer-Hmmm?
- Fluttering Lashes: Want the insider gossip on Hollywood makeup? Check out my Interview with celebrity make-up artist Jamie Greenberg!
- My Stunning Nails: The color theme for Blogger Bragger Autumn Nail Art Challenge this week and my favorite color, pink!
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
Today, I have something a little different for you. Usually when I swatch a collection, I only show you the color on it's own and then I leave it alone. Today, I get to show you two colors together from the latest collection from Zoya.
I really wanted to be able to show you guys something that is fun, but still work appropriate because that seems to be my life lately. This entire collection is so fun, but so work appropriate. I used both of these colors to do a double accent nail combo.
I love the almost jelly lean depth of Imogen, especially when it's layered over Haven. This combination is just awesome. I love doing the double accent nail. I think it's classy, yet really fun.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
I have a really fun combination to show you today. These are two great polishes from Blue- Eyed Girl Lacquer. I have decided to go through my untrieds box as a palette cleanser before we get into the full holiday season for you guys. I want to give you a nice variety of colors and shades and art before we go for almost a straight month of reds, greens, golds and glitters!
I am using one color from the Far from the Sun Collection and one that is a group special for one of my FAVORITE nail polish groups. It is called EcoPolo 2014. The group is a VERY tight group of girls that I can honestly say I am super honored to be a part of. We have shared tears, laughs, births, weddings, deaths and just about everything in between. We are truly one giant family and this is just one of the couple group customs we have. I think it is awesome!!
I picked this combination because it has been getting colder and colder out and I wanted something that was still a little fresh and summery. I am so not ready to let go of summer. I don't know why in the heck, I decided to stay in PA after I got married. I should have listened to my instincts and moved to the south. My poor body is not meant to be cold.
Anyway, I hope you love this combination as much as I do. I love both of these colors together and I can't want to put the rest of the Far from the Sun Collection on my nails.
Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer- Ocean Breaks
Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer- EcoPolo 2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
So, there is a company that I forever keep coming back to for my long term skincare needs. Reviva Labs. No matter what other products I try, they always have what I need and what works for my skin. For some reason, my skin just works best with their formula. When they asked me to try their two newest products, of course I jumped all over it.
So, for the last couple weeks, I have been trying the Nasolabial Fold Cream and the 5% Glycolic Acid Cream as a duo day and night. Now, I know I give the same spiel every time I review an anti-aging, mature skin, wrinkle cream, etc cream, but it is super important to START NOW!! Yes, I just turned 30, but you want to prevent those wrinkles from even appearing, so if you start with these products now you will have less to deal with later.
$49.00 for a 2oz jar
This cream is specifically for those lines that run from the sides of your nose down to the ends of your mouth. They are called the "nasolabial folds". Sounds gross, huh? Well think about how gross they will be when they sag?!? Get those up and tight with using this!! This is a new formula that targets specifically the fatty tissue to make it look more plump, less defined and thus less wrinkled. I used this in combination with the 5% Glycolic Acid Cream AND the Elastin Serum (which I used under EVERYTHING).
Changes? Yes! I have noticed a softening of the lines. While I did not have deep lines to begin with, but 30 years of "resting b&*$# face" I did have a couple lines forming. Hey, I can't help it. I wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes (well, all of the time) people get to me. :) I did not have any irritation. One of the reasons, I continue to use Reviva Lab products- even when I am not reviewing them, I use them for real- is because they do not irritate my skin. For all of the powerful things their products do, they are gentle enough for my poor sensy skin. The smell is not chemical, not over powering and just perfect. I have not met a Reviva Labs product that I have not liked the smell.
|*disclaimer- I lost 30 lbs in this time frame as well, so my face shape changed A LOT. I did notice a change that you may not notice in the pictures, but the weight loss changed my overall appearance and the creams helped tighten all that loose skin.|
Exfoliation and Cell Renewal for Mature Skin
$25.00 for a jar
This product, I applied once a night every night with my Nasolabial Fold Cream and my Elastin Serum for my nightly routine. I applied by itself first, left it on for about a minute and then finished up the rest of my routine. I love this because it tingled a little bit. You could feel this one working. I focused on my problem areas- forehead, crows feet, laugh lines, etc. The directions say that once you use this for about a month, you can go ahead and start using it during the day before your moisturizer, but I am sticking with night time application since it is a preventative care.
The key ingredient in this product is Vitamin C Ester which improves skin texture,improves firmness and helps repair past damage. Some other things in this product that you may love include pumpkin, peach, sage, witch hazel, rhubarb, and vitamins A, E and D.
Overall, I am in love with this product also!! I told you, I really like what comes out of this company!! I have not had one product that I have been unhappy with. They have a whole line of Glycolic Acid products so if you think you need something a little stronger or in a different form, clink on the product link and scroll down to the bottom of the page. They are all listed there.
Monday, November 17, 2014
Today, I have something a little different to share with you. It's not something that is beauty for your face or nails, but beauty for under your clothes. So, all of you know by now that my new job is just craaaazzy. Being a full time mommy, having a really busy full time job and running this awesome blog can get really busy- ALL OF THE TIME! My deodorant is something that that I don't want to worry about when I have that giant huge platter of other things to worry about. Noticing white marks on my clothes as I am running out the door is definitely something that I don't want to deal with.
Secret is a deodorant brand that I used often because I trust it the most. What I read on the label is what I know I can trust would happen when I used it. I think that trusting that I can throw on my deodorant, my clothes, getting everyone else ready, trusting that I still look good and my clothes are white-mark-free is a plus in my book!
- Secret Outlast® is specifically designed with fast drying ingredients to evaporate in seconds
- Water-based formula allows active ingredients to permeate sweat glands faster and more efficiently than invisible solid deodorant
- Bid farewell to white marks forever with rub-off resistant coverage that won’t leave a trail
- Clinically tested to help stop odor before it starts, continually working to detect odor and wetness
- The pH of Secret Outlast® minimizes odor-causing bacteria for longer-lasting, 48-hour odor protection
- Fresh feel
- Long-lasting protection
- Quick drying
- Did not leave white marks
What I Didn't Like:
- The active ingredient is aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex which is NOT good for you. STICK WITH NATURAL PRODUCTS!! Bad news is that most antiperspirants contain this ingredients and most women's products are antiperspirants and not deodorants. There is a difference, Google it one night when you are bored.
- I didn't like the scent. I am a huge smell person and this is a total personal preference, but I like more of a fruity scent for my deodorant.